Research stresses importance of nurturing entrepreneurial thinking in youth.
A recent Harris interactive survey commissioned by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation revealed there is no shortage of entrepreneurial spirit among today’s youth. They just need the right resources and encouragement.
The YCEDC is committed to making these resources available as well as encourage and continue to feed the entrepreneurial spirit of our youth.
- Yancey County 4-H Program
- High School Clubs: FBLA, FFA
- NC REAL Business Competitions
- Participation in Certified Entrepreneurial Community Committee Programs & Events
Resources for Young Entrepreneurs
- All-Terrain Brain
- College Entrepreneurs’ Organization
- Mind Your Own Business
- Students in Free Enterprise
- NFIB Young Entrepreneur Foundation
- Youth Venture
- Global Entrepreneurship Week
- Future Business Leaders of America
Resources for Educators and Others Working with Aspiring Entrepreneurs
- National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship
- Consortium for Entrepreneurship
- The Coleman Foundation
- Generation E Institute
- Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship